This is a full-time salaried position. Regular hours are Mon-Fri 8:00-5:00 pm, but projects may go over from time to time. Candidates should be prepared to discuss projects you lead/solutions you have provided and other relevant experiences.
- High School Diploma
- Associate degree/Technical College degree or higher desired
- CompTIA A+ and/or Network+ certifications
- 5+ years’ experience; 2+ years with relevant technologies to this position
- The position includes, on average, 20% travel in and around the Greater Baton Rouge area. Candidate must have own reliable transportation.
- Must be able to pass a full background check and drug screen upon acceptance of the job offer.
- The candidate will be on call every three weeks for after-hour calls, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Maintain a clean, professional, and friendly rapport with our clients.
- Maintain individual service levels as set by the department director.
- Responding to inbound client requests via email, phone, remote access, or on-site visits to resolve issues including server/network outages, data recovery, email/messaging assistance, hardware warranty claims, and general IT repair should the need arise.
- New server and network deployments; working with team members to plan, install, and deploy workstations, server(s), switches, firewalls, access points.
- Keep timely documentation of your work and schedule within company provided ticketing system and calendar.
- Assist team members and contribute to the overall productivity of the business.
- Work with consultants, client representatives, and vendors to ensure customers make informed IT decisions.
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Ability to lead a project to a successful conclusion within budgeted hours
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software, including HP & Lenovo servers & desktops/laptops/workstations
- Ability to set up, configure, and troubleshoot Windows Servers 2016/2019
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft 365 suite of applications, and ability to troubleshoot
- Knowledge of backup methodologies, hardware, and best practices
- Knowledge of basic TCP/IP routing concepts for SMB networks with 1-2 subnets
- Knowledge of cybersecurity threats, solutions, and best practices for businesses
- Knowledge of DNS Management, including creating/editing A, MX, and CNAME records
- Knowledge of WAN and VPN links/remote access technologies and experience with configuration and implementation.
- Knowledge of Windows client and server operating systems in a domain environment
- Advanced Windows server knowledge including:
- Managing & deploying Active Directory
- Windows DNS & DHCP
- Managing & troubleshooting Group Policy
Soft Skill Requirements:
- Outstanding customer service, including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with the initiative to work on your own.
- Positive outlook in general; maturity to deal with challenges in an upbeat manner without complain.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks while working in a dynamic environment.
- Passion for technology with a desire to thrive in a small, fast-growing company that employs high standards.
The ideal candidate has product knowledge/certifications of the following:
- Microsoft Server 2016/2019
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft 365
- Windows 10